The EveryWorld Initiative is a chance for schools around the world to apply for full scholarships to participate in a Digital Cross-Cultural Exchange facilitated by Know My World.
Welcome to the EveryWorld Initiative!
Know My World is proud to provide the EveryWorld Initiative, an exciting opportunity for classrooms around the world to connect with each other using Know My World’s unique philosophy of digital exchanges. In order to ensure that all schools are able to participate in our exchanges, Know My World provides full scholarships through our Every World Initiative. To contribute to this campaign please visit our donations page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to become a sponsor.
To view the impact 2016 campaign, check out the infographic here.
Teachers selected for this opportunity will work with a Know My World facilitator and a teacher from another part of the world. As a team, they will create an educational experience in which students from two different countries have the opportunity to engage in a fun and informative project. At the end of this experience, teachers will receive a professional development certificate of completion, and the tools to continually manage their own digital exchanges in the future.
Teachers will receive:
- A partner match in another country
- Customized project planning experience
- Support in cross-cultural communication
- Strategies and rubrics for evaluating student work for cultural competency and social emotional development
- Exposure to educational apps and web platforms
- Time management strategies
- Tools for integrating project-based learning into established curricula and learning standards (including the Common Core)
- A certificate of completion