We are looking for teachers who are passionate about providing enriching learning experiences for their students and who are open to the transformative potential of cross-cultural digital exchange. If this sounds like you or someone you know, read on!
- Students should be between 5th and 12th grade (if you teach younger students and are interested in an exchange, please contact us using our contact form for other possibilities).
- Teachers who have participated in a previous Know My World exchange may apply, however those who have not had the facilitation experience will have priority during the selection process.
- You must have access to internet and video conferencing platforms or the potential to exchange videos.
- (Example: Google Hangout, Skype)
- You (the teacher) should be proficient in English. (Students may speak any language). In the event that language is an issue, Know My World will work to provide you with translation but cannot be guaranteed.
- You must agree to provide feedback via a survey at the end of the exchange.
- You must agree to our Policies.
- You must agree to participate fully during the exchange experience.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Due September 30th, 2017
- Fill out our short Application Form.
- Upload a 1-2 minute video in response to the prompt “My world is…” to YouTube and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the video submission see the FAQ section.
- Email email@example.com with the contact information for teachers you would like to nominate for an exchange. We will contact the nominated teachers with the application form.
- Fill out our Application Form with general information about your school as well as for subjects and classes you would like to participate (optional).