Know My World is a global organization for connectivity and transformation through education. Genuine learning comes from the relationships we form with ourselves, others and the world around us. Our mission is to offer a multitude of platforms and projects for exchange and growth between various countries and cultures. These projects and exchanges will provide shared teaching and learning opportunities between participants. Effective learning happens when people are truly engaged and present to each other. Therefore, the pivotal focus of Know My World is to promote enriching opportunities within and beyond the standard curriculum to transform the educative experience.
Know My World™ hosts a variety of methods for cross cultural exchange using various forms of digital technology and project based learning. This website is the outset of your journey and relationship with the world. The initial connection begins here with the intention to go beyond the standard educational curriculum by expanding on relationships through experiential learning and lasting friendships. Through group or individual connections, students, parents, and educators can start a lifelong path of enriching and meaningful learning. We welcome anyone who has an interest in global connectivity and project based learning. Whether you are seeking to incorporate global awareness in your classroom or begin a network for social change, Know My World™ is a place where we can all connect.
Participants are asked to complete a group or individual profile based on interests and preferences, and are then offered a selection of possible matches. A program liaison will assist each partner with the connection and act as segue for building a strong relationship between participants.
- Tell us who you are and where you want to begin by browsing our exchange options and requesting an exchange by filling out a group or individual form.
- Submit the form and a liaison will reply shortly to approve your request and discuss possible matches.
- Unsure about what you are looking for? Don’t worry, qualified educators and consultants can help you choose a place to begin that is conducive to your experience.
- Select possible matches and we will inform you of their backgrounds and needs. We can also offer presentations, seminars, and cultural sensitivity training for interested participants.
- We will introduce you to your match, help you to develop an exchange and make sure both parties can clearly communicate.
- The liaison will stay on as an assistant to help with any issues or needs participants encounter across along the way.
- The rest is up to you. It’s your world — how do you want to connect?
We believe that people learn most effectively when focusing on 3 facets: Self-Awareness, Relationship to others, and Global Awareness. Through these 3 aspects, we feel empowered and create social change through group dynamics. When people understand who they are emotionally, intellectually and culturally, they then possess a set of tools to explore critically. They can think about their actions, the ways in which they coexist with cultural differences and similarities, and the impact it has on others. Ultimately, people can then create a deep understanding and mutual respect for the world they live in on both a local and global scale. A rich understanding of self and the surrounding world equips people with a set of skills to incite and support social change.
Utilizing tools that promote cross culturalization and emphasizing self-directed relationships nourish all three aspects of learning. When applying methods such as self-reflection, open discussion, and group projects, students can make deep connections to the information they discover. Feelings of rapport and empathy can grow, and deep friendships can occur in contrast to the limited results temporary content fulfillment can bring. Regardless of the frequency or intensity of the exchange, if participants make an effort to continue an open relationship, the possibilities are endless, and the connection can become an invaluable source of learning. By remaining flexible and receptive to new ideas and opportunities, authentic and genuine relationships can grow, not only with the world, but within self as well. The Know My World™ website is a switchboard for sharing, learning and growth.